Editing & Writing
Dr. Yoffie will help you edit and polish your academic and non-academic work. She will improve your grammar, syntax, and word usage. She will rewrite awkward sentences, improve your style, and clarify your main points.
Dr. Yoffie has extensive experience working with ESL clients. She improves document flow, word choice, clarity of ideas, and sentence composition.
Editing services offered include (two or more services may be combined):
- Basic copyediting: Improving grammar, syntax, word usage, punctuation, subject/verb agreement, and tense consistency.
- Stylistic editing: Copyediting your document while focusing on enhancing and improving writing style (clarifying main points, eliminating wordiness and jargon, fixing sentence structure, and improving paragraph sequencing and document flow).
- Substantive editing: Polishing and organizing the document and evaluating content, such as strength and support of arguments and missing or redundant information (Writers of books, essays, theses, and dissertations have found this service especially helpful).
- Proofreading: Reading a nearly finished document and correcting it for typos and other minor errors.
Among the academic documents Dr. Yoffie edits are:
- Academic books and articles
- Term papers and essays
- Application essays/personal statements for college, graduate school, and scholarships/fellowships
Among the non-academic documents Dr. Yoffie edits (and writes from scratch, if preferred) are:
- Website content
- Resumes, cover letters, and job applications
- Grant proposals
- Business plans
- Legal and business reports